Thursday, September 27, 2012

One Month Old!

Hello, my name is Reese and I like to eat.

The girls had their 4-week checkup today and Reese turned out to be my little chunk-monster.  Reese weighed in today at a whopping 7 pounds 2 ounces!  This girl knows how to eat!  I've been telling Kevin for the last two weeks that Reese is a more aggressive eater than Avery, so it came as no surprise (on top of the fact that I pick them up all day long).  Avery weighed in at 6 pounds 12 ounces, so they're both gaining weight perfectly.


The girls have been doing really well and there aren't any health issues.  We did another carseat fit challenge and they no longer need oxygen while in carseats!  We're now on regular pediatric visits, we don't go in again until their 2-month well-baby check up (they'll also be getting their immunizations, which I personally am not looking forward to).

 Kevin and I have really started to get into a routine (well, obviously me more than him) for taking care of the girls.  Nursing twins is definitely a production, I have quite the setup of pillows and burp cloths.  Obviously by their weights, I'm doing just fine!  I have to take a moment to brag about breastfeeding though, if you're not interested then just skip down to the next section of text.  I've been trying to pump at least once a day, so I can build up a stash of stored, frozen breast milk.  It will give me freedom on the days that I want Kevin to watch the girls so I can go out on my own, or like when my parents visit, Kevin and I can go on a date.  Well, I'm very impressed with myself that in just one months time, in addition to exclusively breastfeeding twins, I have stored up 90 ounces worth of breast milk for the freezer!

The girls have started to have more periods of wakefulness, which is good an expected.  It's amazing to look at them looking at you.  They still have pretty bad eyesight, and it's funny when they're staring at your face and go cross eyed for a minute.  Their eyes are starting to get a little lighter, but the color is blue/grey.  Kevin swears they're going to have blue eyes just like me, but it's far too early to make that call just yet.  The picture above is a wide awake Reese.


Our pictures to show how big they're getting are going to be Kevin and I holding them... we each have a picture holding them while we were in the hospital, and now we have a one month picture!  This is going to be fun when they get a lot bigger!


That's all for this update... my parents are coming to visit in 2 days, and I'm sure there will be LOTS of pictures taken (and hopefully a few little trips) so the next update will be a little more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment